Hold my hands

Little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.

The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter, 'Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river.'

The little girl said, 'No, Dad. You hold my hand.'

'What's the difference?' Asked the pu
zzled father.

'There's a big difference,' replied the little girl. 'If I hold your hand and something happens to me, chances are that I may let your hand go. But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let my hand go.'

~THE END~

In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond.
This short story makes me recall how I trusted the Lord when I just met Him years ago. Days that I was misunderstood by, seem like people had forgotten about my existing. However, the Lord never leave me because I chose to let Him hold my hands.
There is a verse that speak deeply in my heart, such assurance from Him

“Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me. Isaiah 49:15-16

妇 人 焉 能 忘 记 他 吃 奶 的 婴 孩 , 不 怜 恤 他 所 生 的 儿 子 ? 即 或 有 忘 记 的 , 我 却 不 忘 记 你。看 哪 , 我 将 你 铭 刻 在 我 掌 上 ; 你 的 墙 垣 常 在 我 眼 前 。
以 賽 亞 書 49:15-16


If you had been waiting for people to hold your hands or maybe you are
expecting others to hold your hands. At this moment, open your hands for Jesus to hold you. Others may let go their hands or you may let go others hands but the hand of Jesus is like the hand of the father to the little girl, He never let go. As He had promised, He had inscribed my name and your name on the palms of His hand and it is always in front of Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment